The Crop Insurance Agent delivers effective insurance services to assure continued Association growth and profitability in the crop insurance area.
Sales and Marketing goals of the branch/association
- Aggressively works with loan officers to develop customer prospects lists
- Meets ambitious goals for new customer development
- Markets to present customers through outstanding service and delivery
- Conducts individual and group product training and customer meetings
Product knowledge and expertise
- Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of and expertise in all insurance products available from Crop Growers, plus all Crop Growers eligibility regulations
- Maintains sales/marketing competence by participating in Crop Growers supported training courses
- Provides formal and informal training and guidance to other staff on matters related to insurance
- Assures that all technical aspects of insurance processing and tracking-both internally and externally- are completed timely, accurately, and in compliance with all policies and procedure
- Maintains technical competence in all phases of product processing
- Coordinates operations by communicating effectively regarding customer relations
- Refers difficult and unusual situations to the Crop Growers manager for further direction
- Provides backup to other insurance specialists as assigned
Customer Service and Community Relations
- Enhances Crop Growers image and reputation through:
- Responsive, professional customer service on crop insurance products
- Proactive engagement in the community
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred
Prior Work Experience: An equivalent combination of education and experience to perform the essential functions of the job.
Certifications: Appropriate insurance licenses
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.