The Certified General Appraiser completes appraisals, assigns, tracks and reviews appraisals for conformance to standards, compiles and analyzes appraisal data and provides consultative services to the credit department.
- Participates in and completes appraisals for Association credit staff and for outside entities
- Ensures appraisals are compliant with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisa lPractice (USPAP), FCA regulations, Association policy, client requirements and other applicable standards
- Aids in the quotation and scheduling of appraisal projects
- Maintains work files
- Compiles and analyzes comparable sales, rental and building cost information from brokers,buyers,sellers, or other knowledgeable persons
- Determines which sales, rentals and building costs are most applicable and what sources of information are best
- Inputs sales, rental and costs data into appropriate database
- Determines what aspects affect value and the impact they have, documenting conclusions in written format which are shared with other appraisal staff
Appraisal Assignment and Tracking
- Requests quotes for projects from external appraisers
- Assigns appraisals to external appraisers
- Reviews appraisals for compliance with Association standards and USPAP
- Oversees entry of appraisals into database and tracks status
Coaching and Training
- Provides training and support of employees in the Appraiser Trainee position
- Provides direction to Appraisal Administrative Assistant as required
Market Trend Analysis
- Compiles and analyzes data to provide market updates of the agricultural real estate market and industries prevalent in the Association’s territory, including dairy, timber and maple
- Provides expertise to the credit department regarding property configurations and potential issues with Association collateral standards
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years of appraisal experience
- Certified General Appraiser License
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.