The Staff Accountant processes accounts payable and receivable, reconciles and processes employee expenses, and provides general accounting support and maintenance of general ledger accounts.
- Distributes and collects visa card reconciliation forms
- Verifies receipts match credit card statements
- Confirms purchases are within Association parameters and approved by the appropriate level
- Keys expenses into the general ledger
- Codes expenses to the appropriate general ledger account
- Confirms appropriate level of approval
- Processes checks
- Prepares invoices for appraisals and financial related services
- Posts payments to customers’ accounts
- Generates monthly statements for financial related services customers
- Generates month end reports
- Sends wires and prepares ACH transactions as needed
- Prepares bank reconciliations
General Ledger Account Maintenance
- Reviews general ledger accounts daily to identify discrepancies or unusual transactions
- Reconciles general ledger accounts monthly by identifying and resolving discrepancies
- Responds to requests for accounting information or assistance
Three years of experience in an accounting function, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to perform the essential functions of the job.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.