The Loan Documentation Specialist prepares loan closing documents, coordinates loan closing processes, reviews loan documents post-closing and takes actions to correct errors.
- Prepares loan closing documents
- Ensures all necessary documents are prepared for closing and verifies they are prepared according to Association procedures
- Gathers necessary information for appraisal request and orders appraisals
- Requests Association attorneys prepare legal documents and provides documents for legal review
- Prepares Credit Life Insurance quote by entering customer and loan information online
- May attend loan closing as an agent of the Association
Post-Close Document Review
- Verifies compliance with Association policies and procedures by reviewing loan documentation post-closing
- Takes corrective action to correct any errors in documentation
- Assembles, organizes and files documents in compliance with documented procedures
Security Instruments, Promissory Notes & Amendments
- Ensures accuracy of documents, including dates, amounts, rates and security descriptions
- Confirms documents are signed by the proper individuals or authorized agents
- Confirms required collateral is appropriately documented
- Prepares amendments, including fixed rate, conversions and forbearance actions
Branch Administrative Support
- Answers phones and assists walk-in customers by assessing and interpreting customer needs
- Responds to customers’ request and/or identifies staff member who should respond
- Routes incoming postal mail and prepares outgoing postal mail
- Inventories and orders office supplies
- Coordinates staff meetings, lunches and other special events
- Compiles information in response to audit requests
- Sends post-closing loan documents to customers
- Requests necessary information from customers for pre-closing requirements and post-closing review
- Drafts miscellaneous correspondence for loan officer review and signature
- Corresponds with town clerks regarding recording of documents
- Corresponds with outside counsel regarding requests for discharge and other matters
Reporting and Research
- Tracks receipt of quarterly and semi-annual customer financial reporting
- Completes financial information requests from FSA and other interested parties with loan officer approval
- Performs real estate tax searches
||Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, accounting or a related field
|Prior Work Experience
||3 years of legal, real estate or banking loan document experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience to perform the essential functions of the job.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.