The Senior Financial Services Specialist prepares clients’ income tax returns, provides tax planning and processes clients’ financial records and payroll. This position also assists with training both internal and external clients.The Senior Financial
Services Specialist prepares clients’ income tax returns, provides tax planning and processes clients’ financial records and payroll. This position also assists with training both internal and external clients.
- Receives income and expense information from clients
- Allocates income and expenses to the appropriate accounts
- Reconciles income and expense information with bank statements, liabilities and tax implications
- Prints and mails accounts payable, income, balance sheet and related records to clients
- Provides guidance to clients on interpreting financial records
- Supports the credit function in financial analysis as needed
- Calculates and processes client payroll
- Files federal and state payroll reporting
- Manages tax liability payments and filing requirements
- Calculates and files quarterly and year-end payroll taxes
- Administers documentation compliance
- Assists with workers compensation audits
- Prepares wage garnishment requirements
- Prepares and signs income tax returns for clients by:
- Determining personal and business income and expenses
- Selecting appropriate method of depreciation
- Interpreting and adjusting client records to account for non-deductible expenses
- Determining treatment of personal and business asset sales to minimize tax effect
Education and Training
- Completes training to enhance knowledge and maintain Farm Credit Tax Specialist and other designations
- May train clients on the use of financial accounting software
- Forecasts client financials
- Monitors and anticipates tax law updates
- Recommends and implements strategies to reduce future tax obligations
- Promotes services to new and existing clients by providing service information and following up on questions or interest
- Responds to questions, issues, and/or information requests
- Prepares, sends, receives and tracks documents
- Establishes and maintains electronic and physical files
- Assists with internal reviews
- Recommends actions to improve department efficiency
- Licensed to communicate with the IRS and state authorities in matters related to clients’ tax and financial records
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or a closely related field
- Six years of farm income tax preparation, accounting and payroll, or an equivalent combination of education and experience to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Farm Credit Tax Specialist, Enrolled Agent or CPA
- Expert knowledge of farm income tax preparation and accounting standards and practices
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.